- About Us
- What We Look For
- Funding Opportunities
- Keeping Up
- Just Ask Us
Position: Staff Accountant Department: Finance Reports to: Controller FLSA: Non-Exempt Work Schedule: 37.5 Weekly Hours
About the Organization: Meyer Memorial Trust is a private foundation located in Portland, Oregon that works to invest and award grants to nonprofit organizations, communities, ideas and efforts that contribute to a flourishing equitable Oregon and Clark County, Washington.
We fulfill our mission by using a mix of strategic, proactive and responsive investments, including grant making, loans, initiatives, commissioning research, supporting policy advocacy and a range of community and nonprofit engagement strategies.
We’re looking for an energetic staff accountant to take responsibility for assisting in the analysis of financial information, applying accounting principles and procedures to prepare accurate and timely financial reports, while adhering to appropriate accounting controls.
- Weekly Accounts Payable (30-40 checks per week).
- General ledger preparation, monthly close with quarterly reporting.
- Federal and state taxes (990-PF, 990-T) prepare forms and schedules; assist with tax planning.
- Support semi-monthly payroll.
- Assist with audit preparation, e.g. audit letter preparation.
- Maintain departmental electronic filing system.
- Document, assist and monitor the financial control policies and procedures.
- Articulate and resolve finance/accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Support special projects and other cross-departmental work.
- A minimum of three years accounting experience, including general ledger and GAAP financial statement preparation.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Experience with preparing corporate tax returns, not-for-profit tax filing a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting for investments preferred.
- College level accounting coursework preferred; BS in accounting a strong plus.
- Interest and commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive work environment that places a high value on equity (see our MMT Equity statement).
- Independent and collaborative work style.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with proven capability to manage department workflow processes for continuous improvement.
- Ability to remain flexible, willingness to absorb new responsibilities and expand skills.
Targeted Start Date
- November 1, 2014
- Please utilize MS Word or Acrobat Reader (.pdf) to submit your letter of interest and resume to the following email address: Staff-Accountant [at] MMT [dot] org
- No phone calls, please.
- Review of applications begins October 1, 2014 and the application period closes October 15, 2014 at 5:00 p.m PST.
- Competitive compensation, excellent cafeteria plan options including health, dental, H.S.A., F.S.A., retirement pension and PTO.