- About Us
- What We Look For
- Funding Opportunities
- Keeping Up
- Just Ask Us
An Epic Month for MMT
We just witnessed the Autumn Equinox. I've been more aware of where we are season-wise after supporting a Kickstarter campaign for The Present, whose clock face appears at the right. (I added the arrows, the needle on the actual clock is more elegant.) It hangs above the front door of my house, so I pass by it many times during the day. It reminds me to see where we've been and where we're heading. But most of all, where we are right this very minute, which is why it's named The Present.
At present, we are most excited about this month's program meeting. It was record-setting–epic even!–on a number of fronts. Partly because our trustees awarded $17.5 million!! The most ever in one day!! That translates to support for many organizations, communities, ideas and efforts that contribute to a flourishing and equitable Oregon:
- $11 million will go to further our Affordable Housing Initiative over the next five years, which we'll tell you more about soon.
- For the first time ever, we'll invest part of our corpus directly to further economic development in Oregon in our just launched Invest Oregon mission investing program.
- The largest program award (a combination grant/program-related investment loan of $2,275,000 to Craft3) will also support Oregon's economy with a fund to provide lending to entreprenuers and businesss and establish offices in central and eastern Oregon to support those efforts in more rural parts of the state.
- READ ALL ABOUT ALL OUR SEPTEMBER AWARDS HERE
In other news:
- Mission Investment Manager Sayer Jones has written a short overview of the Invest Oregon program, which includes a link to the Invest Oregon guidelines. READ MORE
- Program Officer Sally Yee is about to hit the road again for a Two-Way Street Tour, this time to southern Oregon communities of White City, Ashland, Grants Pass, Gold Beach, and Brookings. TWST meetings are set for Oct. 7 through Oct. 10. READ MORE
- A local technology firm has extended an offer to donate their design and technical expertise to help nonprofit organizations strategically assess their websites/applications. Planet Argon figures it can help two organizations per month for the rest of the year. Nonprofits can put their name in the selection bucket from which the winners will be selected. READ MORE
I'm going to wrap this up with a personal show and tell. I'm so thrilled that a quilt I made was on display at the NW Quilt Expo at Portland's Expo Center last week. And it won second place in the large quilt category! The design came to me in a dream after my son explained the March Madness brackets to me.
This quilt is named Cinderella Story because the lowest ranked team in the weakest division ends up winning the championship. You can follow each team's fabric throuhg each round. The other fabrics represent the crowds in the stands and the television audience watching the story unfold from everywhere.
Thanks for letting me share. Please let me know if you have a show and tell
And that's all I have for today!