- About Us
- What We Look For
- Keeping Up
- Just Ask Us
Our general eligibility requirements are very simple.
- be a tax exempt organization (sanctioned as such by the Internal Revenue Service)
- request support for a program that operates in Oregon and/or Clark County, Washington
- provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in leadership, staffing and service, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or any other status protected by law.
- not require attendance at or participation in religious/faith activities as a condition of service delivery nor require adherence to religious/faith beliefs as a condition of service or employment
- be current on all reports owed to MMT on any previous grants and PRIs
- Not have any other applications under review by MMT (only one application will be considered from an organization at one time).
MMT does not fund:
- Direct grants, scholarships, or loans to individuals
- General fund drives, annual appeals, special events or sponsorships*
- Elimination of operating deficits
- Projects of sectarian or religious organizations that principally benefit their own members or adherents
- Direct replacement funding for activities previously supported by federal, state, or local public sources
- Acquisition of land for conservation purposes (except through Program Related Investments)
- Hospital capital construction projects (except through Program Related Investments)
- Animal welfare organizations (both domestic and wild animals)
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Projects that primarily benefit students of a single K-12 school, unless the school is an independent alternative school specifically serving low-income and/or special needs populations
- Food purchases by food banks and food pantries: MMT is currently responding to the need for food by providing resources to the Oregon Food Bank Network rather than through grants to individual pantries or regional food banks. However, those organizations may still be eligible to apply for projects other than food purchase through Grassroots or Responsive Grants programs as appropriate.
- MMT funds cannot be earmarked for purposes of influencing legislation, and the grantee cannot expend any part of the grant in a way that violates its tax-exempt status
- Any expenditures that would violate tax-exempt status
Please see individual grant programs for information about additional specific program requirements.
* We do not accept solicitations for conference sponsorships, but we may occasionally provide support for events related to our initiative work, sector-wide field-building or other Trust-initiated work.